Having being coughing for sometime now. I decided to head over to the pharmacy for some whopping cough drugs. As usual the pharmacist gave me one medicine known as Bella. I was very much interested in the name of the drug so I decided to read the writings on the box and this was what caught my attention.” Manufactured in India” and imported by…
I was like, so this my Indian friends are everywhere! Hahaha! So what makes India popular among the world especially when it comes to blogging and pharmaceuticals?
I tried finding out some interesting things about India and this was what I found:
- India never invaded any country in her last 100000 years of history
- When many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilization)
- The name ‘India’ is derived from the River Indus, the valleys around which were the home of the early settlers. The Aryan worshippers referred to the river Indus as the Sindhu.
- The Persian invaders converted it into Hindu. The name ‘Hindustan’ combines Sindhu and Hindu and thus refers to the land of the Hindus.
- Chess was invented in India.
- Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus are studies, which originated in India.
- The ‘Place Value System’ and the ‘Decimal System’ were developed in India in 100 B.C.
- The World’s First Granite Temple is the Brihadeswara Temple at Tanjavur, Tamil Nadu. The shikhara of the temple is made from a single 80-tonne piece of granite. This magnificent temple was built in just five years, (between 1004 AD and 1009 AD) during the reign of Rajaraja Chola.
- India is the largest democracy in the world, the 7th largest Country in the world, and one of the most ancient civilizations.
- The game of Snakes & Ladders was created by the 13th century poet saint Gyandev. It was originally called ‘Mokshapat’. The ladders in the game represented virtues and the snakes indicated vices. The game was played with cowrie shells and dices. In time, the game underwent several modifications, but its meaning remained the same, i.e. good deeds take people to heaven and evil to a cycle of re-births.
- The world’s highest cricket ground is in Chail, Himachal Pradesh. Built in 1893 after leveling a hilltop, this cricket pitch is 2444 meters above sea level.
- India has the largest number of Post Offices in the world.
Not just the largest number of post offices in the world but with the largest number of bloggers as well and that of course makes me wonder. What makes India the Headquarters of Blogging?
And the reasons could be:
1. India have a lot of mentors in Blogging
Any wannabe blogger from India will of course have several bloggers to look up to. Ask any Indian blogger and he or she is likely to tell you that he became a blogger because of Harsh or this or that blogger. There is of course no doubt that India has a lot of blogging mentors in this blogosphere.
2.They are living the laptop Dream
Making money online from their blogs is a reality and not just a dream. Most Indian blogs are raking in several $$$$ by just blogging. This I know you will agree with me?
3. They see Blogging as a full time Job
Ask any other person with a blog other than an Indian blogger and such an individual is likely to tell you blogging is my hobby. But a typical Indian blogger will tell you it is his job. The likes of Kulwant Nagi of Bloggingcage left their day jobs just to keep their blogging business alive and that is how serious blogging is seen in India. It is a business entreprise on it!
4. Your Turn- What makes India the headquarters of Blogging?
What is your opinion on this? What do you make of this post? What do you think in your own opinion makes India the headquarters of Blogging?