Of course you want a low alexa rank, so does everyone else, now it’s competition, you want to rank below 100,000 so does ever other blogger. In this kind of competition there are some things you can do that help in reducing your alexa ranking.
But before we go futher let’s see why you need to reduce your alexa rank.
Benefits of a Low Alexa Rank
1. Your blog is seen as authority. Don’t you want your blog to be seen as authority? Any body who comes across your blog gives you respect.
2. The first things advertisers consider before advertising on your blog is your alexa rank. So if you want to attract advertisers, then you must work to improve your Alexa rank. More adverts on your blog = more $$ 🙂 . Once you have an alexa rank below 100,000 then you’ll start receiving advertising offers.
3. For those of you who accept guest posts offers, it’s obvious, nobody wants to Guest Post on a blog with an embarrassing alexa rank. Many Guest writers consider alexa rank before sending their article. So with an good alexa rank you should be entitled to lot of guest posts on your blog.
4. The Truth: If you care about Alexa rank or not, Having a low Alexa rank makes you feel good and really motivates you .
After you must have seen the benefits of having a low alexa rank I’m sure you’ll want to walk towards getting the alexa rank of your blog to a reasonable rank. Lets go ahead.
Boost Your Alexa Rank With These Guides
I’ll take it easy with you so just keep calm and see how you can boost your alexa rank. These are tested and trusted methods and I tell you they work like magic.
1. You need a website. When talking of reducing your alexa rank you should have a website which you want to reduce it’s alexa rank.
2. Create an Account with Alexa. It’s easy to create an account with Alexa, simply click here to register, flling the boxes with your details, make sure you fill all the necessary information correctly.
3. If you have registered an account with them you should now claim Your blog.
How To Claim Your Blog On Alexa Rank
- After you must have logged in to alexa go to alexa site owner page.
- Now enter your blog/website domain name and click on Claim Your Site button
- On the next page you will get all the plans and prices that alexa offers. As being a blogger I recommend you to choose Free plan.
- Click on Sign Up button under “Free Plan”.
- Once you click on sign up button, on the next page you will see two verification options.
- For blogspot blogs select Option 2 and add a meta tag in your blog template under section.
Please it’s advicable that you backup your template before adding meta tag.
- After adding meta tag in your blog, go back to alexa and click on “Verify my ID” button.
- If everything is right, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Click on continue to add your site details.
- Fill all the details like your site title and description, alexa rank in country and fill your public contact information.
- Congratulations you have successfuly claimed your site
4. Install Alexa Tool Bar On Your Browser this really goes a long way in reducing your ranking on alexa. You can install it here. It plays a very important role to track your website.
5. Alexa widget must be on your blog to help you reduce your alexa ranking. Why? Alexa keep records of the hit that passes through their system, so it would also be beneficial to add the Alexa widget to your blog.
6. Your blog article type contribute to your ranking any way, the articles which you publish on your blog should have interesting content, which the visitors likes to read. Contents related to SEO, webmaster tools are very beneficial. Do you know that webmasters always visits such sites to get knowledge? And almost every webmaster has an alexa toolbar installed in his or her browser.
Remember I said that installing alexa toolbar On your browser really goes a long way in reducing your ranking on alexa, as It plays a very important role to track your website stats.
7. Create Custom toolbar using Alexa Toolbar Creator this will help you connect with customers and drive more traffic. It’s possible to create your custom Alexa tool bar and promote your site with it.
Note: SERP ranking and Alexa ranking of your website has nothing to do in common.
8. Join Bloging communities, it helps in reducing your alexa rank, I’m a geek a passionate one and I don’t write anything related to blogging on my blog, my blog is based on tutorials, how to’s, gadget and lots more.
How do I attract bloggers?
When I join blogging communities I write tutorials that interest my readers and also interest blogers, ie. “How to Screenshot an Entire webpage” this article is nuatral, even bloggers would love it so when I share it on blogging communities lot of bloggers click on my link and remember they have alexa toolbar installed in their browsers, this will help in reducing my alexa rank.
If you have always wished to boost your alexa rank to the next level then I think this is the right tutorial for you.
The volume of your traffic matters in boosting your alexa rank, anyway little traffic that uses Alexa toolbar can get a better alexa result than massive traffic that don’t use alexa toolbar.